Turkey Property For Sale And Rent, Law and Regulations, New Process 2020 - 2025
TURKEY PROPERTY FOR FOREIGNERS IMMIGRATING IN TURKEY FIRST TIME. More than 192 national countries world wide and international citizens whom enter Turkey legal with valid passport are welcomed under Foreigners, International Protection Law No.6458 to live and travel in Turkey.
RENTING TURKEY PROPERTY FOR RESIDENCE AND IMMIGRATION PROCESS
Legal renting by Foreigners of Turkish Real Estate in Turkey
Landlord and tenant rights are specified in the Turkish Code of obligations in the rights numbered 6098. Tenant rights determined by law are as follows:;
Turkey Houses For Contract Duration
The Turkish or Foreigner owner of the property for rent in Turkey does not have the right to evict the tenant before the lease expires. As long as the landlord does not withdraw a notice to his tenant one month before the term of the contract expires, the said contract will be renewed automatically and will have the quality of the contract indefinitely.
Rental Turkey Residential Building Costs
The tenant may request from the landlord that the house be renovated. The costs for the removal of defects in the housing belong to the landlord. Agreement is reached with the landlord if the landlord fixes the defect directly there is no problem. The tenant can pay by making renovations and deducting the rent.
Discount On Turkish Rent Price
If there is no hurry to renovate or fix building defects, the tenant may request a discount on the rental fee from the landlord. The right of the tenant to remove the damages or to request a reduction in the rate of rent.
Turkish Lease Transfer
The tenant has the right to rent the residence, residence or work place to another person. The option of transferring, renting to someone else, in whole or in part, is among the rights of the tenant provided that they do not damage the House.
The USA, UK European Turkish Europe Tenant Is Always Right
If the desired performance is not received from the rented house or if it does not meet the expected, the tenant may leave without waiting for the term of the contract to expire. If the lessee has problems, he / she has the right to leave with a justifiable reason.
Rental House Renovations
Renovations of the basic parts and fixtures of the House are owned by the proprietor. If the tenant makes different changes or innovations according to his / her personal taste, it is the tenant's responsibility.
In apartment management, landlords are usually the managers. If the landlord has power of attorney, the tenants can also be managers.
Turkey Rental Home Deposit
If a deposit is given when renting the house, the tenant can take the deposit if he leaves the house clean as he took it when leaving. And deposits should not be higher than the maximum rent of 3 months.
Legal Rental Time Effect By Laws Turkey
The tenant does not have to submit in the form that the house is rented. Maintenance, cleaning and fixtures should be delivered in the same way, but they are not responsible for the effects that wear and tear over time.
No Need For Legal Turkish Termination
Between tenant rights, there is no need to terminate the contract if the term of the contract expires or if the tenant wishes to exit. If the tenant has lived in the property with care, he or she can ensure the termination of the process without the need for termination.
Legislative Urban Renewal Turkish property Turkey
The tenant may receive 2 months rental assistance from the Turkish state if the rental property becomes an eviction condition upon urban conversion. Renters rights to be known include the right to charge a 2-month rental fee.
Foreigner Tenant Obligations
- The basic criterion is the regular payment of rent costs.
- If there is no date set in the lease agreement and there is no application for the area where the residence is located, the dates of payment of the dirt can be made by the end of each month.
- If the tenant is not paid because he is responsible for the payment of the tenant, the owner of the property has the right to terminate the contract.
- Partial or complete modification of the lease may only be possible with the written permission of the landlord.
Considerations When Renting A House In Turkey
You should work with experts in the process of selecting
rental Antalya apartment in Turkey beach during the rental process, preparing the contract, determining the amount of rent and the rate of increase.
Otherwise, there may be problems related to the apartment quality and the E-contract. Renting and selling the apartment through a real estate consultant will make more sense.
If people rent an apartment through the real estate agent, they must give a 2 percent of the rent to the real estate agent. This amount is requested from both the landlord and tenant and is included in the lease agreement.
What Are The Considerations When Renting A Turkish House?
- The first things to consider when renting a house are the details that should come to mind.;
- The internal and external structure of the rental apartment should be examined whether it has a long-term durability suitable for use. In this regard, if the interior of the house is in need of renovations, the necessary renovations can be made by deducting the rent amount.
- Whether the House has a share or a single floor owner should be examined in detail.
- The annual rate of increase should be stated in the contract if possible. Otherwise you may have problems with the rate of rent increase.
- On which days of the month the rent can be paid, a December must be determined based on the income status of the lessor.
- When these details are taken into account, the rental process is completed smoothly for both the landlord and the occupier.
What Must Be In The Turkish / English Lease Agreement?
The issues to be considered when renting a house should also be examined on a contract basis. Some of the points that should be included in a lease agreement;
- Details such as apartment, neighborhood, street, type of renter must be included.
- The address of the tenant and the lessor, T.C. the identification number must be in the contract in a clear and error-free manner.
- The annual and monthly rental price should be stated in clear terms on which dates the rental price will be paid.
- The leased and delivered fixtures must also be included in the lease agreement.
If these matters are agreed by both parties, the lease agreement may be signed. If the process has been arranged through the real estate broker, it must be stated that the persons will have a share of how many Liras the expert will have in this contract. The maximum amount that realtors can receive is set at 2 percent.
Does it make sense to buy or rent a house in Turkey?
In order to invest in the following years until the issues to be considered when renting a house, the purchase is more reasonable than the rental is often expressed among the details shows itself.
For example, the total amount of an apartment offered for sale is equivalent to 214 months ' rent. If the financial situation is sufficient for this, it would make more sense for people to buy rather than rent if the necessary budget is available.
Construction, which is one of the fastest growing sectors in Turkey in recent years, will be an appropriate choice especially for earning and investing in the future.
BUYING TURKEY PROPERTY FOR RESIDENCE AND IMMIGRATION
Legal acquisition by Foreigners of Turkish Real Estate in Turkey
- In Turkey there is one legal process to own Turkish property and that is ensuring at the time of making the real estate payment by verified bank cheque is preferred to avoid any issue to the verified seller, that the real estate ownership transfer of the new buyers name on the tapu title record is done simultaneously at free will at the Turkish government Land Registry Directorates at 850 offices in Turkey, to complete a sale.
- It is important to note that for off-plan projects and ongoing construction and developments, a Preliminary binding contract for the sale of real estate in Turkey to foreigner, which are issued by the Notaries or which are entered into by natural persons in hand writing, do not imply transfer of the Turkey real estate tapu or ownership by nature and they are contracts that include a commitment for transfer in future. The real estate in Turkey does not change hands by such contracts.
- While buying property for sale in Turkey under 20k or even 50k is of the lowest quality real estate and might not be ideal to live in for safety and health conditions, the foreigners purchase preference should be made for higher value property over 100k Turkish Lira as better choice. Nevertheless matters such as whether the real estate in Turkey has any encumbrances thereon such as Turkish bank mortgages, liens etc., or whether there is anything preventing the real estate from being sold or not should be checked before the respective Land Registry Directorate is a must before you plan any purchase.
- At www.parselsorgu.kgm.gov.tr it is possible to inquire about the Turkey real estate land and plot by entering information on city, district, quarter/ village, map section and plot. Thus, basic information on real estate, including status on ground, can be accessed from anywhere in the world online, except for personal information.
- The foreigner does not have to have a Real Estate residence permit in Turkey in order to be able to acquire real estate in Turkey. In addition, foreigners, who have real estates in Turkey, are issued short-term Real Estate Residence Permit in Turkey for maximum two year with extension guaranteed each period under the Foreigners and International Protection Law 6458.
- In case of any dispute between the parties regarding acquisition of real estates in Turkey, then the matter is to be referred to the Turkish judicial authorities and a case should be filed at the courts of the location of the owned real estate in Turkey.
- Turkish General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre creates representation offices abroad in order to allow the Turkish citizens and foreigners living abroad perform their Land Registry and Cadastre procedures in the respective countries. Within this scope, Land Registry and Cadastre procedures are performed at the Land Registry and Cadastre Representation Office of the Consulate General in Berlin, and the real estates located in Turkey can be purchased and sold through our representation office in Germany.
- A natural or legal person intending to acquire real estate in Turkey is to apply to the Turkish Land Registry Directorate together with the Turkish or non-Turkish owner of the real estate in Turkey. In addition, it is possible to call Alo 181 Call Center offering service around the clock or visit www.randevu.tkgm.gov.tr to make an appointment without visiting the directorates.
- Turkish companies with foreign capital, on the other hand, should first apply to the Provincial Planning and Coordination Directorate of the governorship of the place, where the real estate is located, and should apply to the Land Registry Directorate together with the positive response that they receive thereafter. These companies may apply in person and through mail or electronic mail.
- For any matter of hesitation, it is possible to receive information from the Embassies / Consulates of the Republic of Turkey and Turkish General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre.
How to Apply to Buy and Sell Turkish Property in Turkey
|1. Natural and Legal Persons of Foreign national apply to Land Registry Directorates|
Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning General
Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre Directorate of Foreign Affairs Department
Tel: +90 312 551-4272 / +90 312 551-4256
Fax: +90 312 413-6852
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Address: Dikmen Cad. No:14 06100 Bakanlıklar / Ankara / Turkey
|2. Companies with Foreign Capitol apply to Governorship of the place, where Real Estate is located in Turkey.|
Ministry of Economy General Directorate of Incentive
Implementation and Foreign Capital Directorate of Legislation Department
Tel: +90 312 204-8173 / +90 312 204-8533
Address: İnönü Bulvarı No:36 06510 Emek / Ankara / Turkey
General Information to purchase Property in Turkey
There are 3 different concepts of foreigner with respect to acquisition of real estates in Turkey:
- Foreign natural persons,
- Foreign legal persons, and
- Turkish Companies with Foreign Capital.
Article 35 of the Land Registry Code numbered 2644 contains provisions on acquisition of real estates by foreign natural and legal persons, while article 36 contains provisions on the companies with foreign capital. The countries, whose citizens are allowed to acquire real estates in Turkey, are determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.The Cabinet of Ministers may also stipulate special conditions for acquisitions, if deemed necessary.
Legal Restrictions on Acquisition of Turkey Real Estates by Foreign Legal Persons
- Natural persons of foreign origin, who are allowed to acquire, may acquire any real estate in areas where private property is allowed (residence, workplace, land, field etc.).
- If the real estate acquired has no structures thereon, then the owner of the foreign origin is to apply to the relevant public administration within two years in order to develop a project and depending on the subject matter of the project.
- A natural person of foreign origin may acquire real estates and limited rights in rem throughout the country up to 30 hectares. The Cabinet of Ministers may increase such quantity up to twofold if deemed desirable.
- Natural persons of foreign origin may not acquire and lease real estates within military forbidden zones and military security zones. However, they can acquire and lease real estates within special security zones upon permission of the governorship.
- Total acquisition by the natural persons of foreign origin may not exceed ten percent of the total area, where private property is allowed, in a district. The demands of the foreigners for acquisition shall not be met in places where ten percent limit is reached.
Turkish Real Estate to be Purchased in Turkey
In case of: real estates acquired to the contrary of the foregoing,
- Real estates without structures thereon found to be used in violation of the purpose of acquisition and for which an application is not filed before the Ministry in due time or for which the projects are not realized within due time.
- Real estates and limited rights in rem acquired through inheritance, which exceed the provisions restricting acquisition by foreigners.
- The owner shall be granted a period of one year by the Ministry of Finance to transfer the real estate; failing which, it shall be received and an appropriate amount shall be assessed and paid to the owner.
Acquisition of Turkey Real Estates and limited rights In Rem by Natural Legal Persons
In Turkey, only trading companies, which are established according to the laws of their own countries and which have legal personality, may acquire real estates and limited rights in rem as foreign legal persons. Legal persons except such trading companies (foundations, associations etc.), on the other hand, may not acquire real estates and may not have rights in rem created to their favor.
- Acquisition of real estates by trading companies established in foreign countries according to the laws of their own countries and having legal personality, on the other hand, is exceptional and is possible only when stipulated under the provisions of international conventions or special laws. Some of the special Codes containing provisions on this matter are Turkish Oil Code numbered 6491, Tourism Incentive Code numbered 2634, and Industrial Zones Code numbered 4737.
Note: With respect to mortgage, an exception is stipulated and there is no limitation as to the mortgages to be created over real estates to the favor of foreign natural and legal persons.
Acquisition of Turkish Real Estates and Limited Rights in Rem of the Companies with Foreign Capital Established in Turkey
Companies, in which foreign investors:
- Hold fifty percent or more of the shares; or
- Are empowered to appoint and dismiss majority of the persons entitled to manage, which are established in Turkey and which have legal personality, are considered as companies with foreign capital.
These companies may acquire property and limited rights in rem in order to engage in the activities as set forth in their articles of association. For this purpose, they first need to apply to the Governorship of the place, where the real estate is located. If the real estate intended for acquisition is in a military forbidden zone or a military security zone, on the other hand, then the real estate acquisition shall be subject to the permission of the General Staff; and if it is in the special security zone, it shall be subject to permission of the governorship of the respective place.
If the application to acquire a real estate yields a positive result, then the governorship informs the company/enterprise and the land registry office in writing so that registration can take place.
Procedures that can be performed without Permission from the Governorship
- For creation of mortgage,
- Acquisition of property within the scope of cashing mortgage by the beneficiary of a mortgage,
- Transfer of real estate ownership and limited rights in rem arising out of company mergers and demergers,
- Acquisitions in organized industrial zones, industrial zones, technology development zones and free zones, and
- Acquisitions realized due to the transactions considered as loan within the framework of the relevant banking legislation or for the purpose of collection of receivables, the Land Registry Office is applied directly, without seeking permission.
What is Turkish Property Inheritance in Turkey?
In our country, the inheritance right of the foreigners is protected. In case of death, the real estates owned by the foreigner shall pass upon to his/her inheritors. If the inheritor is eligible to acquire the real estate (if he/she is eligible in terms of nationality and if the total limitation conditions per person and throughout the country allow), then the inheritor may keep the inherited property. Otherwise, such person is to transfer the real estate immediately. Failing which, the Ministry of Finance sells the real estate and pays the price to the inheritor.
The Right to Acquire Turkish Citizenship through Real Estate Acquisition
Natural persons of foreign origin are granted the right to acquire Turkish citizenship through exceptional means upon purchase of real estate worth 250 thousand US Dollars and more.
For this purpose, the foreigner buying real estate in Turkey in 2019 / 2020:
- Is to purchase real estate worth at least 250 thousand US Dollars,
- Is to state, in the application for acquisition, that he/she purchased the real estate for this purpose and the title deed should state this matter and the foreigner is to declare that he/she will not sell the real estate for three years in the box containing declarations.
- Once the land registry procedures are complete, it is possible to apply to the relevant administrations for demands regarding residence or citizenship with certificate of eligibility to be issued for the owner.
Documents Necessary and Process for Turkey Land Registry Procedures
- Land registry of the real estate or information on the village/quarter, map section, plot, building and independent section,
- Identity document or passport issued by the country, of which the foreigner is a citizen (Notarized and certified translations should be submitted for ID cards and passports issued in alphabets other than the Latin alphabet.)
- If the procedure involves representation, document regarding representation (order regarding guardianship, letter of authorization, power of attorney etc.)
- Document on the “current market value of the real estate” issued by the relevant municipality,
- Mandatory earthquake insurance policy for the buildings,
- A photo of the seller and two photos of the purchaser (shot within the last six months, size 6X4)
- Certified interpreter if a party does not speak Turkish,
Turkish Power of Attorney issued Abroad
If there is an intention to perform the procedure through a person authorized by means of a power of attorney issued abroad, then the power of attorney is to include authorization relating to the procedure to take place, and:
- Is to be issued by the Turkish consulates according to the discretion over real estates,
|* Instruction of the Foreign Affairs Department of the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre dated 02/05/2016 and numbered 1022012|
- Is to be issued by the authorities authorized to issue power of attorneys abroad
- In the language of the country, where it is issued,
- With photo (with seal and signature over the photo in an exceptional manner)
- In addition, the power of attorney;
- Should contain the apostle, if it is issued in a country that is a party to the Hague Convention,
- Should have certification of the signature of the official signing the power of attorney by the relevant authority and the signature and seal of such authority should be certified by the Turkish Consulate if the power of attorney is issued in a country that is not a party to the Hague Convention.
- The application should also provide notarized and certified Turkish translation of the power of attorney meeting the criteria sought.
|1. Instruction of the Foreign Affairs Department of the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre dated 15/10/2018 dated and numbered 2018/12|
One-click government real estate portal
|2. Circular dated 11/08/2015 and numbered 1767 (2015/5)|
According to the Foreign and International Protection Law No. 6458 (Yukk), the residence permit refers to the permit issued to stay in Turkey. This permit issued by the competent authorities gives the foreigner the right to live in our country for a certain period of time and in a certain place. The residence permit, which is important in terms of the provision and protection of Public Order, is issued in case the foreigner makes a request, applies with the requested documents and carries the requirements of the type of residence permit he has requested.
- Residence permit is a permit issued to foreigners who wish to stay in Turkey. Foreigners who will stay in our country for more than ninety days or longer than the period recognized by the visa or visa exemption must apply for the type of residence permit that they think meets the requirements of the e-residence system. Foreigners who complete their application must be present at the Provincial/District Directorate of Immigration Administration located in the province where they wish to live on the date of appointment determined by the system. Foreigners who are not present at the Provincial/District Directorate of Immigration Administration on the date of appointment without a valid excuse are deemed to have not applied at all. A number of information and documents may be requested by the administration in the determination of the valid excuse. As a rule, applications for extension of residence permit are made in the same procedure.
- Foreigners who stay in Turkey for more than ninety days or longer than the period recognized by the visa or visa exemption are required to obtain a residence permit. As provided for in the law, it not possible to obtain Turkish residence permit application from consulates in the country where foreigners are citizens or are legally resident, and this will be announced separately. Until this stage is realized, applications for residence permits of foreigners are taken by the provincial governorship where they are requested to reside with the mentioned law, the application for residence permit has been abolished and each foreigner's application and permission certificate are issued separately. In addition, applications for residence permits must be made by the foreigner in person or through the legal representative or lawyer of the foreigner.
- Law No. 6735 and Law No. 6458 Law No. 21 article of residence permit applications authorized intermediary institution of General Directorate of Migration Management in 250 districts in Turkey and its qualifications and duties are determined by the regulation.
- All non-Turkish nationals can work and be employed in Turkey and also benefit from social security, medical and retirement. Work permits in Turkey are issued to individuals first-time for 1 year duration each instance.
- Foreigners who have signed Turkish employment contract will require work Visa to enter and to start work in Turkey, and who are found fit to meet the conditions set forth in International Labor Law No. 6735 may apply for Foreigner work permit and Visa from abroad, to live and work, or retire in Turkey.