Turkey Home Sales In January 2021 Decreased As Bank Mortgage Rates Rise
TURKEY HOME SALES DECREASED IN JANUARY 2021
- The number of Turkish homes sold in January was 70,587, a decrease of 37.9 percent compared to the same period last year. Mortgage home sales in Turkey fell 74.6 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and amounted to 10,732.
- Home sales in Turkey in January 2021 decreased by 37.9 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and was 70 thousand 587. In house sales, Istanbul had the highest share with 13,666 house sales and 19.4 percent.
- According to the sales numbers, Istanbul Property was followed by Ankara Real Estate with 6 thousand 635 house sales and 9.4 percent share, Property in Izmir with 4 thousand 63 House sales and 5.8 percent share. The provinces where the number of housing sales was low were Hakkari with 10 houses, Ardahan with 16 houses and Bayburt with 31 houses, respectively.
TURKEY BANK MORTGAGE SALES FALL HARD
- In January 2021, mortgage-backed home sales in Turkey decreased by 74.6 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and became 10,732.
- The share of mortgage sales in total home sales was 15.2 percent. In mortgage sales, Istanbul took the first place with 2,338 housing sales and a share of 21.8 percent. The provinces with the least sales of mortgaged houses were Ardahan and Bayburt with 1 housing. In Hakkari and Şırnak provinces, Mortgage Housing sales did not occur.
59,855 HOMES IN TURKEY CHANGED HANDS
- Other home sales in Turkey in January 2021 decreased by 16.1 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and was 59,855. In other housing sales, Istanbul ranked first with 11 thousand 328 housing sales and a share of 18.9 percent.
- The share of other sales in IstanbulHomes total home sales was 82.9 percent. Ankara took second place with 5,375 other housing sales. Ankara was followed by Izmir with 3 thousand 291 housing sales. The province with the least number of other housing sales was Hakkari with 10 housing units.
22,268 TURKEY HOMES SOLD FOR THE FIRST TIME
- The number of houses sold for the first time in Turkey in January 2021 decreased by 38.2 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and was 22 thousand 268. In total home sales, the share of the first sale was 31.5 percent. In initial sales, Istanbul had the highest share with 3,746 housing sales and 16.8 percent, followed by Ankara with 649 housing sales and Izmir with 233 housing sales.
48,319 TURKEY HOMES CHANGED HANDS IN SECOND-HAND SALES
- Sales of second-hand homes in Turkey in January 2021 decreased by 37.7 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and was 48 thousand 319. In second-hand housing sales, Istanbul ranked first with 9,920 housing sales and a 20.5 percent share. The share of second-hand sales in Istanbul's total home sales was 72.6 percent. Ankara ranked second with 4,986 housing sales. Ankara was followed by Izmir with the sale of 2,830 houses.
2,675 TURKEY HOMES SOLD TO FOREIGNERS
- Home sales to foreigners decreased by 31.5 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and was 2,675. In the sales of houses to foreigners, Istanbul took the first place in January 2021 with the sale of 380 houses. Istanbul was followed by Antalya Property and Apartments with 462 housing sales, Ankara with 179 housing sales, Mersin with 131 housing sales and Bursa with 75 housing sales, respectively.
- In January, Iranian citizens bought 459 homes from Turkey. Iran was followed by Iraq with 385 dwellings, the Russian Federation with 260 dwellings, Afghanistan with 168 dwellings, and Yemen with 88 dwellings, respectively.