Turkey Tourism Revenues Down 71 Percent For Summer 2020 Season
TURKEY TOURISM REVENUES DOWN 71 PER CENT
- July August September of tourism revenue consists of the III..... and..... in the quarter, compared to the same quarter of the previous year, 71.2 percent decreased 4 billion 44 million 356 thousand dollars.
- 71.6 percent of tourism revenue (excluding mobile phone roaming and marina service expenditures) was derived from foreign visitors and 28.4 percent from citizen visitors residing abroad.
- Visitors organize their travels with a personal or package tour. 3 billion 97 million 691 thousand dollars of expenses in this quarter were personal expenses, and 946 million 665 thousand dollars were package tour expenses.
- All types of spending declined this quarter compared to the same quarter last year. Spending on sports, education, culture decreased by 82.6 percent, spending on tour services by 78.8 percent and spending on package tours (the remaining share of our country) by 77.2 percent.
TOURIST AVERAGE SPEND PER NIGHT IS $ 61
- In this quarter, the average overnight spending of foreigners staying overnight was $ 70, and the average overnight spending of citizens residing abroad was $ 46.
- Number of visitors leaving our country 2020 year III. in the quarter, compared to the same quarter of the previous year, 74.1 percent decreased 5 million 604 thousand 155 people. 79 percent of them were foreigners with 4 million 430 thousand 53 people, and 21 percent were citizens residing abroad with 1 million 174 thousand 102 people.
- In second place was “visiting relatives and friends” with 15.8 percent, and in third place was “for business purposes (conferences, seminars, missions, etc.)” with 3.3 percent. Citizens living abroad came to our country with 65.4 percent for the purpose of “visiting relatives and friends”.
- Tourism expenses, consisting of the expenses of our citizens who reside in the country and visit other countries, decreased by 89.8 percent compared to the same quarter last year to 126 million 79 thousand dollars. Of this, 119 million 604 thousand dollars were personal, and 6 million 476 thousand dollars were package tour expenses.
- In this quarter, the number of citizens visiting abroad decreased by 93.1 percent compared to the same quarter of the previous year and became 203,223 people. Their average per capita expenditure was $ 620.
- Turkey Hoteliers Association in assessment said, the sector 2-3 months after a partial movement with the fall with the effect of the pandemic again entered a quiet period
- All hope and expectation is to be able to leave the pandemic behind and become the locomotive sector of the economy again after the second half of 2021, noting that most hotels in both the city and coastal regions are still closed.
- According to the report prepared by global data and analysis company STR for TÜROB, hotel occupancy in Turkey in September 2019 decreased by 39.6% compared to the same month and was 44.9% on average. In January September, the average occupancy rate was 35.4%, down from 47.8%. The average occupancy rate for European destinations was 38.9% in September and 35.7% in January-September.