Russia's Flight Decision Costs Turkey $ 1.5 Billion Loss In Tourism
RUSSIA'S DECISION COSTS TURKEY $ 1.5 BILLION
- Turkey Hoteliers Association, Russia's decision will lead to a loss of 1.5 billion dollars in revenue in Turkey, he said. Aegean tourist enterprises and Accommodation Association (ethics) President and Turkish hoteliers Federation also stated that the decision taken by Russia is political, "the tourism sector is the victim of problems that it does not tolerate." said. Industry representatives demanded the return of the short work allowance.
- June 15 April-June 1, 2021, according to the statement of Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, scheduled and charter aircraft flights between the two countries were unilaterally halted.
- According to the decision, only two flights per week will be allowed between Moscow and Istanbul in order to organize evacuation flights.
- A rapid increase in the number of cases and mutations in Turkey were cited as reasons for the decision taken by the government of the Russian Federation.
IT WAS A SHOCK FOR THE TURKISH TOURISM AND MEDICAL SECTOR
- President of the Turkish hoteliers association, who evaluated the decision, said: “We expected developments in this direction as a sector after the increase in cases in our country. Currently, some countries and airline companies have stopped flights to our country.
- After this decision by Russia, it is likely that many other countries will make similar decisions because of the fact that the number of cases is this way. It was very sad and shocking for the tourism sector that this decision, which will make the sector even more difficult in the short term, coincided with a period when plans were made for the opening of the summer season in resort areas." was said.
TURKEY BEACH HOTELS DECIDE TO STAY CLOSED
- Employees and employers need of economic and Social left after a very difficult year, the tourism industry, after this decision, a process that expects more challenging the elite who stated, “the activities of Dec temporarily, which has many hotels, with plans to reopen it by the decision of canceling the season began to take downtime. Now all our hope will be that our government will re-deploy the short work allowance, especially the tax duties of businesses, KGF, bank loans, such as financing problems will be solved within the scope of the emergency action plan and put into operation practices that will guarantee their future,” is said.
TURKEY TOURISM LOST 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS
- June April 15-June 1, when the flight ban was imposed, 533 thousand tour packages were sold and this would damage the Russian tourism industry by approximately 420 million dollars, thousands of people who bought tours applied to tour operators to get back the money they paid due to cancellations, Russian Tour Operators Association, one of the leading tourism authorities in Russia, announced that
- Most of the Russians on vacation out ‘May Day including Istanbul, Antalya and Cappadocia package tours and individual travel including regulation through tour operators who about two million tourists and $ 1.5 billion a year could lead to loss of tourism revenue estimate. This development will unfortunately negatively affect the tourism revenue and the number of tourists in 2021."he made his assessment.
JOBS: HOLIDAYS INDUSTRY CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE 2021
President of the Association of Aegean Tourist Enterprises and Accommodations and Federation of Hoteliers of Turkey is also on this issue made statements;
- Emphasizing that the tourism sector, which returns with debt by drawing loans in 2020, cannot afford to lose 2021, and
- Jobs, which are of the opinion that the decision taken by Russia is political, also expressed that the number of cases of about 55 thousand gave Trump to Russia's hands.
- Russia stop flights from April 15-June 1 533 thousand for the period is made a reservation will be cancelled next, select the date that it is unclear that how how, in this sense, Turkey's total yet things that would be impossible to determine damages, the cabinet will announce today that the minister of Health and Minister of Tourism of decisions and after June 1 would be decisive for talks with Russian officials stressed.
TOUR BOOKINGS FROM EUROPE HAVE ALSO STOPPED
- “If we have to stay closed during Ramadan and EID to save 2021, we will pay this price, but the number of cases must fall by June," was said, noting that bookings from the European market have also stopped as the number of cases has increased. During this period, the short work allowance should be reintroduced,” he said.
- After 2020, they are also in danger of losing the 2021 season, he said, pointing out that Russia's decision is linked to the Ukrainian crisis, adding: “the tourism sector is being victimized by problems that it does not tolerate. Turkey is being adjusted through tourism, " was said.