Noticeable Increasing Number Of Foreign Employees In Turkey
NUMBER OF FOREIGN EMPLOYEES IN TURKEY INCREASED 2 TIMES IN 2 YEARS
Responding to the motion of CHP Niğde Deputy Omar Fethi Gürer, Minister of family Labor and Social Services Zehra Emerald Selçuk, in 2017 87 thousand 182, in 2018 115 thousand 837 and in 2019 145 thousand 232 foreigners were granted work permits announced.
Opposition party CHP Niğde Deputy Ömer Fethi Gürer, food production places and restaurants increased the foreign employees moved to the agenda of the Assembly with a question motion.
Responding to the motion, Labor Minister Zehra Emerald Selcuk reported that 145 thousand 232 foreigners were granted work permits last year. The foreign countries with the most work permits are Syria, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Uzbekistan and Iran, respectively, Minister Selçuk said.
INFORMALLY EMPLOYED FOREIGNERS IN TURKEY INCREASES
- Gürer addressed the following questions in his written motion to draw attention to the problem of foreign nationals working unregistered in restaurants and food production sites.:
- “What is the number of people who have been granted temporary work permits in 2017, 2018 and 2019?
- In our country, which country's citizens are ranked in the top 5 when the people who work with a work permit are taken into consideration?
- Is lung film and Porter examination performed in public or food-related places such as food production and distribution and restaurants?
- Were there any employees who did not have porters and lung films in the inspections?”
FOREIGN WORK PERMIT ID CARD IN TURKEY INCREASED 2-FOLD
- Responding to Gürer's motion, Minister Zehra Zümrüt Selçuk announced that work permits were granted to 87 thousand 182 foreigners in 2017, 115 thousand 837 in 2018 and 145 thousand 232 in 2019.
- Minister Selçuk, as of 01.06.22020 valid work permits on the basis of the country citizens given the most work permits, respectively; Syria, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Uzbekistan and Iran, he said.
3-MONTH-OLD TURKISH HOSPITAL CHECK-UP APPLICATION REMOVED
- The minister Selcuk, in force until 2011, “or giving or selling things to eat and drink nezafet bidet and a sanitary inspection every three months by themselves with regard to those who perform the arts are obliged to report” shape of the law after this date, “and the aforementioned contact with the human body mass consumption food production and sales locations of the performance of the cleaning services for the arts to run the business of the business owners and employees, hygiene in these work places to provide the training required by the profession and activity or to ensure that the employees receive this training, the people who have received the training specified to employ, the people who are working are obliged to receive these training,” he explained.
SUPERVISION OF WORKPLACE PHYSICIANS IN TURKEY UNUSED
- 20.07.2013 published in the Official Gazette No. 28713 on the duty, authority, responsibility and training of workplace physicians and other health personnel in the scope of the regulation on the health supervision of employees and hygiene training should be given by workplace physicians in the scope of the Minister Selçuk, employment and periodic medical examinations under the medical supervision required with the results of the tests of “input / periodic inspection Form” and the example of the employees in this form in accordance with the arrangement and radio-logical examination of the respiratory system analyses the results and findings should take place as stated.
TURKEY FOREIGNER EMPLOYEE HYGIENE TRAINING
- “In this context, health reports in occupational health and safety inspections carried out in accordance with the regulation in accordance with the regulation and hygiene training is given to employees are also audited,” he said.
NOTICEABLE INCREASING NUMBER OF FOREIGN EMPLOYEES IN TURKEY
- The motion owner, CHP Niğde Deputy Ömer Fethi Gürer pointed out that many foreign employees were encountered in food and food production facilities, restaurants and restaurants, especially in big cities.
- Gürer stated that it is wrong for these employees to have regular Porter examinations in health institutions and to have been given up on the practice of lung film shooting and that it is constantly on the agenda.
- Ömer Fethi Gürer, who constantly wants Hospital control to be mandatory for those working in the food business, said: “the employee should definitely return to the practice of performing health care checks. This situation, which is directly related to community health, should be taken into account and re-regulated by the pandemic. The health of the person who works in a bakery, pastry shop, restaurant is related to the health of all consumers who are in direct communication from here. Foreign nationals live on low wages and in unsanitary conditions, where their health conditions should be monitored more carefully in the workplaces where they work,” he said.
” The health control of the employee should be done by state institutions, “he said,” the Health control of the employee is too important to be left to the workplace initiative, the epidemic process should be taken into account in this regard, new regulation should be provided " he said.
THE NUMBER OF INFORMAL WORKERS IN TURKEY IS NOT SMALL
Although some of these employees have temporary work permits, informal and foreign employees are also stated that the emphasis Gürer, “according to the minister's response to our question proposal, a significant increase in the number of foreign employees is observed since 2017. The number of foreign national employees increased from 87 thousand in 2017 to 145 thousand in 2019. The increase in the number of foreign national employees, which has almost doubled in two years, is remarkable,” he said.