Foreigner House Data Shows Turkey Home Sales Down 78.8 Percent In April 2020
Turkish Statistical Institute April 2020 Turkey House Sales Data Announced
- Turkey-wide home sales in April 2020, compared to the same month of the previous year, was decreased by 55.5 percent with 42.783 house sales in the market.
- In residential sales, Istanbul cheap property had the highest share with sales of 6.13 houses and 14.3 per cent sales share in Turkey.
- The provinces where the number of Turkish housing sales was low were Hakkari with 6 houses, Ardahan with 7 houses and Bayburt with 20 house sales respectively.
2020 January - April Period Had 8.9 Percent Housing Sales Increase
- In January - April period, 383.821 housing sales took place, compared to the same period of 2019 the previous year that showed an increase of 8.9 percent.
- January - April period, Turkish mortgage housing sales increased by 141.4 percent to 146 thousand 387 homes, other types of sales was decreased by 18.6 percent to 237 thousand 434.
- During this period, the Turkey houses for sale sold for the first time decreased by 16.0 percent and became 122 thousand 80. Second hand (resale) home sales in Turkey rose by 26.4 percent to 261.541 houses sold.
Turkish House Sale By Bank Mortgage
- In April 2020 mortgage home sales in Turkey decreased by 23.9 percent compared to the same month of the previous year 2019 and became 17 thousand 88. In total residential sales, the share of mortgage sales amounted to 39.9 percent. In mortgage sales, Istanbul ranked first with 2.451 residential sales and a 14.3 percent share.
- The less popular province where mortgage homes sale was the least was Hakkari with 2 houses.
Turkish House Sales By First-hand
- In April 2020, the number of homes sold for the first time in Turkey decreased by 60.7 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and became 14,848. Within total residential sales, the share of initial sales was 34.7 percent. In the first sales, Istanbul had the highest share with sales of 2,22 houses and 13.6 percent, while Istanbul was followed by Antalya with sales of 166 houses and Izmir real estate with sales of 854 houses.
Turkish House Sales By Second-hand
- Second-hand home sales in Turkey were 27 thousand 935 in April 2020, a decrease of 52.1 percent compared to the same month of the previous year. Second - hand housing sales in Istanbul 4 091 housing sales and 14.6 percent share placed in the first place. The share of second-hand sales was 66.9 percent of the total residential sales in Istanbul. Ankara property ranked second with sales of 3.334 houses. Ankara was followed by Izmir with the sale of 679 houses.
Turkish House Sales To Foreigner Nationals
- Home sales in Turkey to foreigners decreased by 78.8 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and became lowest of 790 total. In the sales of Turkish houses to foreigners, Istanbul real estate took the first place in April 2020 with 374 residential sales. Istanbul province was followed by Antalya homes with sales of 150 houses, Ankara houses with sales of 47 houses, Izmir houses with sales of 30 houses and Yalova homes with sales of 25 houses, respectively.
- In April, Iranian citizens bought 157 houses from Turkey. Iran was followed by Iraq with 103 real estate, the Russian Federation with 61 real estate, Afghanistan with 54 real estate and China with 40 real estates, respectively.