The World Famous Turkish Riviera Land Prices Have Gone Crazy! So What To Look For When Buying Land In Turkey?
WHAT FOREIGNER CAN LOOK OUT FOR WHEN BUYING LAND IN TURKEY?
- People want to live intertwined with nature away from the big cities after the pandemic. As such, there is almost an explosion in demand for land in summer areas. But buying land in Turkey requires expertise! What should we pay attention to in the purchase process, how much has there been an increase in prices, ? the experts at experts at TurkishClassified.com told us.
- I asked TurkishClassified.com the president an International real estate consulting company in Turkey since 1989, about people's interest in Turkey lands and in which regions there is the most demand, and who says that with the 2020-2021-2022 Turkey pandemic, especially when closures enter our lives, people have a little psychological desire to go to nature, the foreigner investors demand for beach seaside holiday home plots in Turkey has also increased significantly, also high in the rural traditional Turkish villages... .away from it all..
- "The city center rental income Antalya homes are no longer the priority of among the foreigner and Turks people, but land. Especially when Turkish beachfront houses such as ‘Tiny House’ (Turkish mobile houses) similar to portable caravans became fashionable, when there was no need for construction in Turkey, and the opportunity to live a more minimal but intertwined life with nature appeared on 30-40 square meters. Naturally, people have experienced an explosion of demand for both these types of habitats and plots.”
- Especially the land in Antalya, Alanya, Belek, Bodrum, Cesme, Alaçatı, such as places previously used as rental summer-winter retirement houses have started to be used as underlining, "Now young people also show interest in plots", he says.
- "For example, a 30-35-year-old child of a 65-70-year-old family used to go to the family summer house for a week or two, but they also started asking for a summer house now. As such, land prices in these places also began to increase significantly. It has even started to rise more than the rising price of housing. Normally, let's say 100 plots are sold in the basement area, this sale has now increased to 300-400.”
WHAT SHOULD LAND INVESTORS DO WHEN READY TO BUY AN INVESTMENT PLOT?
- Although it may seem relatively easy to get a house in Turkey, people are looking a little more hesitant when it comes to the Turkish plot whether you are alone or with your family.. When buying land in Turkey, you should definitely either have information or run the process by getting support from someone who knows it. Because you can get the house as you see it, its procedures are very simple and clear. But you can't take the land the way you see it. You should still do the need, to do the necessary review and research to buy a right plot.
DOES BUYING LAND IN TURKEY REQUIRE A SPECIALTY
- There are rules and rules that bind you when you buy land. We call them zoning diameters. The zoning plans on it determine and restrict how you use that land. And in that case, you can't use your land the way you want. Therefore, buying should never be rushed.
- Well we have decided to buy Turkey land and we will build a Turkish rural or cottage house on it. What should I look at before buying Turkey land for sale, how should I take steps?
- The first thing to note is the zoning plan on the land... even if there is a zoning plan on the land alone, it is necessary to check whether there is any work and whether the license is granted. In addition, it is necessary to look at whether an easement facility has been established on the land. For example, if the electricity administration has a right or any other government agency... one of the most important points is to see the ‘application krokosini’, which the sellers are not very close to. This is important because of this, you need to find out if there are any claims in the parcel you will receive, or if there is an overflow for your share of the land next to and around your land.
- For this, you can get help from a Turkish map engineer, but it is not much preferred because it brings a little burden as a cost. However, these are important for a smooth purchase... if you say that you want to build a house on it in Turkey, as you get the land, purchase you can not get a building permit if the zoning work is being done again on or near the land. For this reason, if necessary, it is useful to go to institutions such as the municipality, the provincial Special Administration and take care of them in which jurisdiction the land remains. It never fits you as a budget, the location is beautiful, it is attractive, I should not miss it and should not act too quickly…
HOW MANY SQUARE FEET CAN WE BUILD AFTER WE BUY LAND? FOR EXAMPLE, IF WE BOUGHT AN ACRE OF LAND, HOW MANY SQUARE METERS CAN WE BUILD ON IT?
- In this regard, zoning plans restrict us. In particular, there are precedent rates called ‘Taks’ and ‘Kaks’. Taks shows how much of the floor space of a building can cover the most of the land. If Kaks, floor space means the number of floors. In other words, it shows how much the sum of floor areas of a building can be according to the land area at most. These rates can be seen in the zoning status document to be obtained from the municipality to which the real estate is attached. For example, if we bought an acre of land, if the caks is 0.20, we will have a maximum construction area of 200 square meters. 200 square meters according to the criteria of taks whether we do it as a single layer or 100-100 we can do it as two layers. At this point, you need support from an expert. Then a very difficult legal process can be entered into with the municipality.
THERE'S A LOT OF INFORMATION THAT THE FIELD CAN TURN INTO A TURKISH BEACH OR MOUNTAIN PLOT. SUCH A THING IS POSSIBLE? HOW DOES A FIELD IN TURKEY BECOME A PLOT, WHAT ARE ITS PROCEDURES?
- In order for the field to be changed, the field must remain within the 1/1000 scale zoning plan and have a function open to construction. As a result of the zoning application to be carried out within the framework of the provisions of the 1/1000 scale zoning plan, the attribute ‘field’ in the deed will turn into ‘land'. But this process is not easy. For this process, opinions must be obtained from at least 20 institutions, even if one of them decides to refuse, the transition process to the land will be canceled. It even goes to city councils. In particular, urban planner, map engineer, geological engineer and other engineering branches work in complete synchronization and produce plans on the land of the fields take the qualification. It is a very difficult and exhausting process, but it is not impossible.
- Recently Turk houses like Tiny House have become very fashionable. And there are containers... if people want to put Tiny houses or containers on their land, what legislation awaits them? Can they stay on the land, even if it's not zoning?
- Tiny houses already pass as ‘caravans’ with license plates and licenses. So they're bound by road regulations. Since they are legally a vehicle and not a building, they can be placed on the land in the zoning plan without the need for a zoning permit. Containers are also portable, meaning’ temporary'. For this reason, it is necessary to obtain the necessary permits before the construction process. What are these; application petition for obtaining a license, title certificate, zoning status certificate, application certificate, registration certificate to be obtained from the Chamber of architects, such as…
- Considering that only Tiny House and containers are permanently placed in the plot, rather than temporarily, they can be treated as if they were a real house in the event of a complaint. He can get an unlicensed building fine. Because they have to have an expense, whether it's a container or a Tiny House, as soon as you plug these expenses into the sewer, some municipalities say I want a license. I was last informed that a decision was made to demolish the containers in Kırklareli Municipality. Especially if it is to stay permanently, documents such as electrical installation project, plumbing project, ground survey report should also be taken.
- So, what is the latest situation in Aegean and Mediterranean sea regions and sun, sea and beach riviera areas? Where demand in the best locations to buy land has increased with the pandemic in Turkey, and what percentage has there been an profit for value increase in prices?
ANTALYA AND ITS SURROUNDINGS SAW THE SUMMIT! NEW AMATEUR CONTRACTORS ARE STARTING TO EMERGE
- After starting the pandemic process in Antalya and its surroundings, especially since the second week of June, when the demand for housing has fallen, land prices have increased significantly in areas where independent living can be established..
- "Although it varies according to the location in May last year, Belek, Kadriye, Kundu, Ermenek in areas close to the beach, such as 500 square meters of land 150-250 thousand Turkish Lira now again the same square meters of land 500 thousand to 1 million varies. In other words, in the last 10 months, prices have increased between 100 percent and 300 percent. Everyone who has the opportunity in and around real estate in Antalya began to say that I will buy a land and make a villa suitable for self-contained life. Even many people are trying to make and sell Antalya villas by getting a profession in this business. In a nutshell, new amateur contractors began to emerge.”
- TurkishClassified.com who said that foreigners are also seriously demanding; he says that Russians, Germans, Britons, Syrians, Iraqis and Iranians, Pakistanis also trigger the real estate demand.
- "Recently, Ahiska Turks and Cossacks are among the foreigners who invest and enter the sales wheel by producing projects. Especially Russians and Iranians in Antalya Center and Konyaalti beach region, Muratpaşa, Güzeloba and Kundu region are in demand with weight”
BASEMENT POCKET BURNS! PRICES HAVE RISEN BY 100 PER CENT
- TurkishClassified.com real estate office in Bodrum, says that the demand for Bodrum seaview land is always high due to this popularity. Especially for many years, the fact that the zoning plan allows the construction of a maximum two-storey beachfront building emphasizes that the settlement in the district has a large share in this, not vertically, but horizontally.
- There is demand for almost every neighborhood of Bodrum property, where the settlement is spread horizontally due to the zoning plan, shows interest in Ortakent, Bitez, Konacık, Turgutreis, which are close to central institutions such as Turkish medical hospitals, shopping centers and banks for summer-winter home life. He also underlines that there is a lot of demand for locations such as Yalıkavak, Gundogan, Türkbükü, which are close to the Sea coast or marinas.
- Bodrum prices, which tend to increase every year with the pandemic, have almost peaked this year. Increasing demand has increased prices from 50 percent to 100 percent in some areas of Bodrum.
- "Last year, an apartment in Bitez that can be bought for 1.5 million pounds is sold for 2 million 300 thousand pounds this year. 1 million 200 thousand pounds sold to the villa, this year 1 million 700 thousand pounds is finding buyers. In these months last year, Ortakent 1 million 500 pounds of detached villa is now worth 3 million pounds... examples for land plots are almost the same in this way...”
LATEST SITUATION IN ALAÇATI AND ÇEŞME AEGEAN SEA TURKEY / GREECE
- Alaçatı, where interest has increased due to the pandemic, prices in and around Çeşme are quite pocket-burning. “The increasing demand due to the pandemic on the Urla - Cesme and Alaçatı axis has reached high levels in Izmir due to the earthquake factor,” explains, a real estate consultant at a private company in Izmir.
- Turkish estate Agent emphasizes that the people of property in Izmir are oriented to regions such as Cesme Ilica and Dalyan, while those from outside Izmir, mainly in Istanbul and Ankara, are more in demand for land around Alacati - Mamurbaba and Göbene due to their popularity, and prices are also seriously increasing.
- “750-1000 (6 thousand-8 thousand Turkish Liras) dollars before the pandemic, the prices of square meters of land today have increased to 1250-1500 dollars (10 thousand 200 - 12 thousand 200 Turkish Liras). Although it is a benefit and cost when European people choose, the suitability of the region for investment in Turkey, popularity, demographic structure and availability for independent construction are among the main reasons for choice.”