Turkish And Foreigner Consumer Rushed To Food Shelves In Corona Panic
IN THE FIRST WEEK MAR 21-31 2020 INDIVIDUAL QUARANTINES BEGAN
Along with the course of the corona sudden outbreak in Turkey and on the bottom country of the low threat lists, shopping carts are also changing every week. The consumer rushed to the shelves in panic for the first week, while last week he shopped for health.
After the first corona virus case was announced, panic was replaced by concern in the consumer who rushed to panic shopping in grocery stores, with signals of prolongation of the struggle.
In the first week that individual quarantines began in Turkey, sales of cologne, vinegar, pasta and pulses came to the fore, while research revealed that in the second week, snack shelves began to become popular.
25-31 march week, the immune strengthening effect of the stand out with the pickle sales record breaking, home closed Consumer 3 weeks received a stable product was dough and bread yeast.
PICKLES BREAKS RECORD
- The research, prepared by research firms confirms through the household consumption panel, found that different parameters stand out each week in post-outbreak consumer purchases.
- According to Turkish iClassified in Turkey study, which took place between March 25 and 31, the increase in beverage products exceeded 85 per cent, while pickle purchases rose 129 per cent, driven by news that it was boosting the immune system.
- This was followed by toothpaste and toothbrushes, along with an increase in the number of cooking at home, and big increases were seen in the sales of sauce paste. Ice cream, pickles, ready meals, yogurt, jam-honey and sauces became the first food categories to enter the list, according to the study.
TURKISH COLOGNE STOPPED YEAST FULL THROTTLE
- On the other hand, the rush of turning to home breads and pastries, which also has an effect on social media sharing, has also been reflected in yeast sales. According to the research, yeast was the only product that continued to increase sales for 3 weeks.
- The increases seen in Cologne in the first week were not reflected in last week's sales. In another stock product, pasta, sales slumped.
- According to Turkish iClassified survey, the ranking of the 5 categories preferred by households in Turkey for the highest number of fast consumption products was still unchanged.
- In Turkey the Turkish biscuit-cake, milk, chocolate coating, cheese and pasta were the categories that made the most purchases, and the world famous Turkish coffee.
TURKISH AND FOREIGNERS STOCKPILING NOT OVER
- The record number of products we observed in the first week and purchased for the purpose of taking stock continues to increase. Increased consumption at home is also causing stocks of these categories to decline.
- In the first week, there was a kind of panic exchange. Households in Turkey this week, more hygiene and general food shopping. The place of panic in the consumer left to worry by transferring, “consumer immunity, health protection motive has become dominant.
FIRST CHOICE TURKISH PITA ON HOME ORDER
- With the closure of restaurants, eve orders increased its share in sales from 13 percent to 38 percent, while the highest increase in eve order was in pitta, pizza and kebab / doner products.
- In Gel-Al buys, the bagels, doughnuts, doner Turkish kebab and raw meatballs were the products that showed the most increase in purchases.