Home Sales Turkey In November 2020 Decreased By 18.7 Percent Compared To 2019
- The increase in home loans was reflected in the sales figures. Home sales in November 2020 decreased by 18.7 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and became 112,483. Home sales with mortgages fell 44.3 percent compared to the same month a year earlier.
- Home sales in Turkey in November 2020 decreased by 18.7 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and became 112 thousand 483. In house sales, Istanbul had the highest share with 21 thousand 158 house sales and 18.8 percent.
- According to the sales numbers, Istanbul was followed by Ankara with 10 thousand 710 house sales and 9.5 percent share, Izmir with 6 thousand 574 house sales and 5.8 percent share. The provinces where the number of housing sales was low were Ardahan with 15 houses, Hakkari with 23 houses and Bayburt with 78 houses, respectively.
Turkey Bank Mortgage Sales Fall Hard
- In November 2020, mortgage-backed home sales in Turkey decreased by 44.3 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and became 24 thousand 450. The share of mortgage sales in total home sales was 21.7 percent.
- In mortgage sales, Istanbul took the first place with 5,4 housing sales and 20,5 percent share. The province with the least sales of mortgaged housing was Hakkari with 1 housing.
88,033 Turkish Houses Changed Hands
- Other home sales in November 2020 across Turkey decreased by 6.8 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and was 88 thousand 33. In other housing sales, Istanbul ranked first with 16 thousand 154 housing sales and a share of 18.3 percent.
- The share of other sales was 76.3 percent in total house sales in Property Istanbul. Ankara ranked second with 7,975 other housing sales. Ankara was followed by Izmir with the sale of 4,898 houses. Ardahan was the province with 9 houses, which had the least sales of other houses.
36,658 Homes In Turkey Sold For The First Time
- The number of houses sold for the first time in Turkey in November 2020 decreased by 25.0 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and was 36,658. In total home sales, the share of the first sale was 32.6 percent.
- In initial sales, Istanbul had the highest share with 6,177 housing sales and 16.9 percent, followed by Ankara with 2,662 housing sales and Izmir Property with 8,888 housing sales.
- Second-hand home sales in Turkey in November 2020 decreased by 15.2 percent compared to the same month of the previous year and was 75,825. In second-hand housing sales, Istanbul ranked first with 14,981 housing sales and a 19.8 percent share.
- The share of second-hand sales in Istanbul's total home sales was 70.8 percent. Ankara took second place with 8 thousand 48 housing sales. Ankara was followed by Izmir with the sale of 4,686 houses.
2020 January - November House Sales Turkey Jumped Up 21.5 Percent
- January-November period 1 million 393 thousand 335 housing sales took place, 21.5 percent increase compared to the same period of the previous year.
- January-November mortgage home sales increased by 98.0 percent to 558 thousand 706, while other types of sales decreased by 3.4 percent to 834 thousand 629. Housing sold for the first time in this period decreased by 0.8 percent to 432,842. Second-hand home sales also increased by 35.2 percent to 960,493.
4,962 Turkey Homes Sold To Foreigners
- Home sales to foreigners increased by 24.4% compared to the same month of the previous year to 4,962. In the sales of houses to foreigners, Istanbul took the first place in November 2020 with the sale of 2,443 houses.
- Istanbul was followed by Antalya with 893 house sales, Ankara with 297 house sales, Yalova with 182 house sales and Bursa with 174 house sales, respectively.
- In November, Iraqi citizens bought 876 homes from Turkey. Iraq was followed by Iran with 860 dwellings, the Russian Federation with 434 dwellings, Afghanistan with 203 dwellings, and Kuwait with 202 dwellings, respectively.