Last Minute Very Stunning Report For Upcoming Istanbul Earthquake
2020 ISTANBUL EARTHQUAKE IS AWAITING IN AMBUSH
The earthquake in Bingol Karliova further raised concerns about the Istanbul earthquake. Chamber of Civil Engineers (IMO) president Cemal Gökçe, Istanbul Bingöl with the same fault line, stating, “Istanbul earthquake waiting in ambush” warning.
Gökçe said the North Anatolian Fault Line, which runs all the way to Greece, is one of the most dangerous faults in both Turkey and the world. August November 1894, 1939 and 1992 Erzincan, August 17 Gölcük and November 12 Düzce earthquakes occurred on the same fault pointed out that Gökçe, this fault will produce new earthquakes in the Sea of Marmara and eastern regions of Turkey in the near future, the same fault will produce the Istanbul property earthquake is waiting in ambush, he said. Gökçe noted that:
- Bingöl Karlıova earthquake is a warning earthquake. This fault produces mostly earthquakes of magnitude 7 and above. Our expectation is to act knowing that the earthquake in Karlıova is a warning and to give back the legal rights of the professional chambers which have been weakened by the changes in laws and regulations.
- Otherwise, it will not be easy to get out from under the larger earthquake devastation waiting in ambush. That is why we warn those concerned once again.
The Municipality of Istanbul IBB has prepared separate “district probable earthquake loss estimate booklets” for 39 districts of Istanbul. The booklets contained information on building damage, casualties and injuries, infrastructure damage and the need for temporary housing in a possible earthquake. According to this information, a possible earthquake in Istanbul 100 thousands of buildings will be damaged in the middle and above.
- Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IBB) is preparing for the expected big Istanbul earthquake.
- Earthquake hazards and risks were re-addressed using current scientific analysis methods, existing superstructure and infrastructure inventory information.
- In cooperation with IBB and the Earthquake Research Institute of the Kandilli Observatory of Boğaziçi University, the project “updating the possible earthquake loss estimates in Istanbul Province-2019” was implemented.
REPORT PREPARED FOR EACH ISTANBUL MUNICIPALITY
- The earthquake and ground Investigation Directorate of the Department of Earthquake Risk Management and Urban Improvement has privatized the outputs of this project.
- Analyses and maps were made specifically for the districts and “possible earthquake loss estimate booklets” were produced for 39 districts of Istanbul.
- Components such as building damage, possible casualties and injuries, infrastructure damage and the need for temporary housing were analyzed and reported in districts and neighborhoods in a possible earthquake.
ORIGINAL PROBLEMS WERE DIAGNOSED IN EACH COUNTY
- Through the study, unique problems were diagnosed in each county. The extent of the damage and casualties caused by a devastating earthquake that could have an impact across Istanbul has been revealed.
- In the booklet, with an overview of districts, buildings, infrastructure, and Population Information; and scenario analysis generated as a result of earthquakes, the calculated strong ground motion parameters calculated based on the number of possible damaged buildings, the number of possible casualties and wounded with their spatial distribution; natural gas, drinking water and waste water networks in need of temporary shelter and possible damage that may occur in the information included.
MODERATE AND ABOVE DAMAGE WILL OCCUR IN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF BUILDINGS
- The booklets pointed out the extent of building damage and temporary housing needs that would occur in a possible Istanbul earthquake.
- Arnavutköy 2 thousand, Ataşehir 3 thousand, Bağcılar 10 thousand, Bakırköy 6 thousand, Beyoğlu 4 thousand 200, Büyükçekmece 9 thousand, Çatalca 2 thousand, Esenler 5 thousand, Fatih 15 thousand, Kağıthane 2 thousand, Kartal 4 thousand, Küçükçekmece 13 thousand, Sancaktepe 3 thousand, Silivri 9 thousand, Sultanbeyli 45 thousand, Tuzla 7 thousand, Üsküdar 4 thousand and above damage occurred in the structure he's expected to arrive.
THE NEED FOR ISTANBUL HOUSING WILL ARISE
- 35 thousand Avcılar, Başakşehir 13 thousand 500, Beylikdüzü 27 thousand, Çekmeköy 4 thousand, Esenyurt 67 thousand 410, Gaziosmanpaşa 14 thousand, Kadıköy 17 thousand, Maltepe 20 thousand, Pendik 28 thousand, Umraniye 16 thousand, Sarıyer 6 thousand 600, Sultangazi 10 thousand, Şile 900, Zeytinburnu 31 thousand households for the need for temporary housing will arise.
ISTANBUL BUILDINGS 20 AND OVER 40 YEARS OLD
- 83 percent of the buildings in Bahçelievler, 91 percent in Bayrampaşa, two-thirds in Beykoz, 90 percent in Güngören, 92 percent in şişli 20 and above; nearly half in Beşiktaş, more than half in the islands, and one-third in Eyüp are 40 and above.