Mall Retail Turnover Index Rose 15.9 Per Cent in 2019
|Istanbul Apartments For Sale Turkey|
The mall retail turnover index, co-created by Akademetre Research with the Association of shopping centres and investors (AYD), is up 15 per cent in 2019. It rose 9 points to 299 points, and rose 17.2 percent to 375 points without being inflation-free. Shopping mall retail turnover index reached 296 points in the fourth quarter, an increase of 17 percent compared to the same period the previous year.
Year-end 2019 figures for the mall retail turnover index, co-created by Akademetre Research with the Association of shopping centres and investors, have been announced. According to regularly published data each month, the turnover index was 375 points in December 2019, compared with the same month of the previous year and showing a 17.2 per cent increase when examined without inflation. Index data showed an increase of 15.9 per cent year-on-year compared with last year, reaching 299 points in 2019.
REACHED 296 POINTS
- The mall retail turnover index rose 17 per cent in the fourth quarter compared with the fourth quarter of last year, reaching 296 points in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- In December December 2019, turnover per square meter of rentable area in shopping malls was TL 829 thousand in Istanbul, TL 160 thousand in Anatolia, while in Turkey-wide square meter productivity was TL 428 thousand in December 2019.
- Quarter-on-quarter turnover per square metre increased 17.7 per cent in the last quarter compared with the same period the previous year and without inflation. In the fourth quarter of 2019, the square metre efficiency was TL 331 thousand.
TOTAL TURNOVER PER SQUARE METER WAS 187 TL
- By 2018, total turnover per square metre (TL) increased by 16.2 per cent to TL 187 per square metre in 2019. Total turnover per square meter (TL) increased by 17.8 percent in Istanbul and 14.8 percent in Anatolia.
- Shoe category square meter productivity increased by 27.5 percent from inflation-free compared to the same period last year.
- Compared to December of last year, the technology category in shopping malls has increased by 23.1 per cent, hypermarket category by 22.5 per cent, clothing category by 19.3 per cent, food and beverage category by 11.1 per cent and other* areas category by 9.6 per cent.
THE NUMBER OF VISITORS HAS DECLINED
- The December 2019 data showed 3.8 per cent decrease in the number of visits index compared with the same month the previous year. The total number of visitors in 2019 was 1 percent decrease compared to 2018, according to the number of visits index.
|Cheap Property in Turkey|