Turkish Farmers Whose Green Houses Land In Turkey Were Sold Off From Execution Revolted
FARMERS IN TURKEY WHOSE AGRICULTURE LAND TO SELL FROM AUCTION REVOLTED
- In the Ortaca District of Muğla, producers engaged in vegetable agriculture and animal husbandry are having difficult days. Greenhouses of producers who could not pay their debts began to be sold from execution.
- Due to its climate characteristics and fertile soil, 34.2 percent of the Ortaca District of Muğla, where many varieties of crops are grown, is agricultural.
- In this area farm house for sale in Turkey by owners, which is equivalent to 96 thousand 426 decars, producers who are usually engaged in grain, citrus, vegetable agriculture and animal husbandry are having difficult days.
- In particular cheap farm and land for rent in Turkey by owner, greenhouse producers have recently been unable to pay their debts, so their greenhouses have started to be sold from execution.
- The tomato producer, Spokesman by making a special statement “the wholesale weight of tomatoes in 2001 was 1.5 pounds, the same in 2020. Labor, fertilizer, electricity, seedlings, diesel numbers took his head. How can the manufacturer win?" said.
TO AVOID FALLING INTO THE HANDS OF THE TURKISH MERCHANT
- The Turkish man, who stated that they produce natural Bumblebee pollen without giving hormones, said:;
- I do not give goods outside to avoid falling into the hands of a merchant. The situation of those who gave goods to the merchant is obvious. I've never heard of a moneymaker. No assurance of anything.
- *Most of them are in debt. He can't pay off his loans. Free market, it is not clear what the situation will be. One day the goods cost TL 1, the next day 50 cents or TL 3, and three days later TL 7.
- We manufacturers can't stand it. So we try to do everything myself, my wife and children. My relatives are helping.
- Otherwise, we can't handle this burden. In our greenhouse, we grow red, pink and cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, broad beans, red and white cabbage, broccoli.
I ONLY SLEEP 4-5 HOURS A DAY
- The man in Turkey, who also said that they work day and night to avoid paying workers, said::
- I'm in the greenhouse at 7 a.m. at the latest. I work here all day. If I'm going to the market, I'm at the greenhouse at 6 a.m. I'm loading the goods into the vehicle and heading to Marmaris.
- We open the counter in the market and start selling as of 8. My daughter helps with that here. We return to Ortaca around 19 p.m. I try to do that day's work at night after I get home.
- I come home around 24 hours or 1 the next day and take a shower and go to bed. I'm up again at 6 a.m. I can't hire people, and even if I do, I can't pay for it? I don't know how many more years I can work like this.
TURKISH FARM PRODUCING BUSINESS IN TURKEY IS NOT AS EASY AS IT SEEMS
- Everyone thinks it's easy. A storm can turn everything upside down when everything goes well” " Turkish farmer man said.;
- Sudden change in weather conditions, disaster can reduce us to zero in an instant. I don't have the power to rebuild this place in a situation like this. I'll either sell the land or take out a loan if they give it to me. So, how do I repay my loan? There's no guarantee of anything.
- Our work depends on cotton thread. Goodbye, we are working. I have to calculate everything step by step, inch by inch, and even millimeter by millimeter.
I NEED 20 THOUSAND POUNDS FOR A BROKEN GREENHOUSE
- Now I need 20 thousand pounds if I try to repair this greenhouse, there is no way I can do it. 'In me that much money. Second, we can't make much money growing too many crops. I only have one place in the market. Because of the epidemic rules, we can also open a counter here every 15 days. The conditions are severe. I pray that we live our day right now. I don't know what happens next,” he said.
THE WEIGHT OF TOMATOES HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR 19 YEARS
- In response to the constant increase in costs every day, the tomato fee has remained between 1.5 – 2 pounds wholesale since 2001, said:
- Seedling 70 cents this year was 1.20. Some seedlings grew to 2.5 pounds. There's an imbalance there. It's an institution that controls production, and it has no policy. In 2001, this tomato wholesale kilo was 1.5 pounds, 19 years passed and 2020 was now 1.5, let's not know 2 TL.
- We employed a worker in those years for 8-10 pounds, while a bag of manure for 10 pounds is currently 200 pounds. But the price of tomatoes is again 19 years ago. Have them investigate. I'm telling the truth. In contrast, 4-5 pounds in grocery stores. There's 7 pounds. What if he sells a case of tomatoes in small grocery stores, what if he doesn't? He doesn't pay his taxes.
I DON'T KNOW HOW I WILL COVER MY EXPENSES OF 70 THOUSAND POUNDS
- 3 acre greenhouse cost of 70 thousand pounds per year is the cost, besides other expenses added When the figure is even higher indicating Gökmen, “we are growing natural products here. We have beehives in the greenhouse. The Bumblebee produces pollen in the fruits of vegetables. In this way, we grow products naturally without using hormones. We also owe our survival to this way of production. Because we have special customers in Marmaris market. He's known how we produce for years, and they just buy from us. Although we calculate expenses and sell by putting a certain profit margin, increasing costs bend our back every day,” he said.
WHAT IS BOMBUS PRODUCTION?
- The bumblebee, or hairy Bee, is a genus of honeybees, with about 250 species. It has many different characteristics compared to other bee varieties. It is in demand because of its physical and biological richness, which distinguishes them from other bees, and because it provides pollination rather than honey production in agriculture.
- In our country, greenhouses are also in intensive demand in places. Bumblebee-type bees were first discovered in 1987. In addition to making honey, various trials were conducted on the Bumblebee, which was realized that it could also be used in tomato seeding.
- Bumblebee bees, which are used to grow more beautiful vegetables with the temperature in the greenhouse that they create in the fertilization of tomato products, have become one of the indispensable greenhouses over time. In these trials, it was realized that the bombus species could also be used in other greenhouse and agricultural activities.