Turkey Insurance Sector Successfully Passes 2020 Exam
Earthquakes, fires, plane crashes, natural disasters and, of course, the covid-19 pandemic... It's been a full year of testing in every respect for states, institutions, companies and individuals.
2020 will go down in history as a difficult and painful year. It is not only for Turkey, but also for the world. A new life began. All processes have gained a new identity from the very beginning with what the new era has brought. In 2020, he succeeded in this exam, which took a fast position according to changes, needs, made his breakthroughs, was on the side of the consumer. The Turkish insurance sector is one of the sectors that gives this exam successfully. Earthquakes, Covid-19, the insurance sector, which eliminates victimization by creating quick solutions in the face of natural disasters, said: “it is good that there is insurance.” Here are the exams and report cards given by the Turkish insurance sector in 2020…
DASK PAID 125 MILLION TURKISH LIRA IN COMPENSATION IN IZMIR
- On October 30, Izmir was shaken by an earthquake of 6.9. The earthquake, which killed 114 people, deeply injured Turkey. Many buildings were destroyed and hundreds of buildings were heavily damaged. Insurance companies, which acted to heal wounds from the first hours of the earthquake, began working on the site with great dedication. Special units were established and deployed in the field to quickly complete the damage detection work and eliminate the victims. All insurance companies with great dedication and meticulous work ‘good that I have insurance' he said.
- DASK received 22 thousand damage reports after the Izmir earthquake and completed a review of 15 thousand 600 damage files within 1 month. 3 after the earthquake. Dask, which made its first compensation payment on the day, made a total payment of 125 million TL to the insured as of December 3. In order to complete the remaining files as quickly as possible, continuous work continues despite the difficult conditions of the pandemic.
TARSIM PAID 60 MILLION TURKISH LIRAS IN DAMAGES FOR GREENHOUSES
- In October, Turkey's covered vegetable production base in Antalya's Kumluca district was heavily damaged by hail. Greenhouses in the area were damaged due to sudden flooding in the district and strong wind. Crops grown with long labors were lost in a few minutes.
- About 6 thousand acres of greenhouses and citrus gardens were damaged. After the incident, TARSIM immediately began investigations in the area. As part of state-sponsored agricultural insurance, 60 million TL of damage was paid for greenhouses in Antalya during hail and storm damage. In the Adana region, 53 million TL of damage was paid for citrus fruits damaged by the storm.
255 MILLION TL OF COMPENSATION PAID TO INSURED PERSONS IN GIRESUN
- Giresun provincial center and Dereli, Doğankent, Tirebolu, Espiye, Güçik, Gorele and Yağlıdere districts on August 22, which was effective in the excessive rainfall, caused floods and landslides. The flood killed 10 people, and 172 stranded citizens were rescued. About 80 buildings were severely damaged and destroyed due to flooding. A total of 3,626 damage assessments were made in 185 villages/districts in damage assessment studies conducted in 11 districts. After the flood disaster, the insurance sector started working with all its stakeholders to determine the damages of the insured as soon as possible and to make damage payments. According to the data of the Insurance Association of Turkey (TSB), as a result of the determinations made by surveyors, a total of 634 damage files were opened, including 244 in insurance companies from Giresun, Rize, Samsun and Trabzon, and 390 on the tarsim side. In August, Giresun, Rize, Samsun and Trabzon after the floods, insured paid about 255 million TL in compensation.
HAIL LEAVES 150 MILLION TL IN DAMAGE IN ISTANBUL
- Istanbul was hit by a hail disaster on September 29 2020. The disaster soon left thousands of damaged cars behind. A total of 10 thousand kasko vehicles and 20 thousand non-kasko vehicles were damaged in many regions, especially in the Anatolian side Kadıköy. An average cost of 5 thousand TL per vehicle was in question. Experts noted that a total of 150 million TL of damage was caused after a few minutes of rainfall. Insurance companies immediately took action for damage reports. Within an hour or two after the full, close to a thousand vehicles entered the insurance companies 'agreement services. This approach of insurance companies, which began to separate their repairs filled with no-damage discounts after 2017, prevented the victimization of consumers. After full repair, the consumer did not lose the discount for damage, thanks to the mini-damage operations, the value of the vehicle also did not lose.
ELAZIG EARTHQUAKE DAMAGE REACHES 220 MILLION TURKISH LIRAS
- A 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck Elazig on January 24 2020, leaving heavy damage and casualties. 76 buildings were destroyed and 645 buildings were severely damaged in the severe shaking, the epicenter of which was in the Sivrice District of Elazığ. 29 people were killed and 1,466 injured. The insurance industry quickly entered the field and began damage assessment work. Elazig, Malatya and surrounding provinces received 23 thousand damage reports for mandatory earthquake insurance policy. After a very quick investigation, Dask paid TL 220 million in damages.
COVID-19 COVERED IN TURKEY HEALTH AND TRAVEL INSURANCE
- The Covid-19 virus, which affects the world, was first seen in Turkey in March. And from that day on, nothing was the same. Life stopped, the health system began to experience its busiest days, we met quarantines, we lived with restrictions. The painting became heavier and heavier. December March's number of cases in Turkey has reached 1,928,165, according to data from December 16. 17,121 people died. 1,691,113 people survived the disease. The insurance sector, which has put its hand under the stone since the first day of the pandemic, has also secured Covid-19 in health insurance. Individual and corporate insured persons who owned complementary health insurance and private health insurance policies received this guarantee. Covid-19 coverage was added in foreign travel insurance to avoid victimization in foreign travel.