Turkey Tax Raise Increases 9.11 Percent After New Year's In 2021
Property For Sale Istanbul Turkey
The Turkish Treasury and Finance Ministry approved the New Year's hikes. From the beginning of the year, all tax penalties will be increased by 9.11 percent. President Tayyip Erdogan did not use the discount authority this time around.
We'll wake up on the morning of the new year with 9.11 percent tax, penalty and tuition hikes.
The Ministry of Treasury and Finance officially announced the revaluation rate, which TUIK calculated as 9.11 percent, without any changes. Last year, under the president's Authority, the revaluation increase in the Motor Vehicle Tax was halved.
According to the communique published by the Turkish Revenue Administration in the Turkish Official Gazette, from January 1, 2021, taxes and fees collected by the state from the public, as well as all kinds of fines, especially traffic fines, will increase by 9.11 percent.
TURKEY MOBILE PHONE RAISE TURKISH LIRA 167
- President Tayyip Erdogan will decide whether to apply revaluation rates as calculated, increase rates or apply a discount. Last year, the single Motor Vehicle Tax (MTV) rate was cut in half.
- If the revaluation rate is applied in the same way this year, passengers will be paid 2 thousand 6 pounds instead of 839 pounds for mobile phones brought from abroad.
- Turkish driver's license fees will also increase by 9.11 percent to 271 pounds for Class A, Class B to 820 pounds, 6-month passport fees to 227 pounds, 1-year passports to 331, 3-year passports to 770 pounds. The title fee will also be 381 pounds.
RUNNING A RED LIGHT IN TURKEY COSTS 314 TL
- From the beginning of the year, traffic fines will also increase by 9.11 percent. In the new year, those who do not use seat belts, those who park in a forbidden place, and those who throw garbage out of a car will be fined 144 pounds. Those who pass a red light, those who talk on a mobile phone when traveling, those who change lanes dangerously, those who do not have a driver's license with them will pay a traffic fine of 314 pounds.
- The penalty for catching radar exceeding 10-30 percent of the speed limit increased from 288 pounds to 314 pounds, and the penalty for exceeding the speed limit by more than 50 percent to 340 pounds. The penalty for drunk driving also increased from 340 pounds to 2,698 pounds. The penalty for dangerous driving, which is expressed as throwing scissors, was 340 pounds.
TURKEY MOTOR VEHICLE TAX ALSO RAISED
- January and July each year, the tax on Motor Vehicles paid in two installments will also be increased by 9.11 percent.
- 1-3 years of age 1,600 cc vehicles tax-free price 51 thousand 800 pounds paid by those who exceed 678 pounds MTV, 56 thousand 519 pounds in the new year for vehicles exceeding 831 pounds will go.
- This year's tax-free price 90 thousand 800 pounds more than the vehicles will pay MTV 3 thousand 881 Turkish Lira.
INCREASE IN TURKEY PROPERTY TAX, WASTE WATER
- In the new year, the property tax paid to municipalities will be increased by 4.55 percent, half of the revaluation rate.
- Environmental cleaning tax in residential buildings will be collected as 51 cents in metropolitan municipalities and 38 cents in other municipalities per cubic meter, based on the amount of water consumption.
- The value of vehicles that disabled and disabled citizens can buy without excise tax, including all kinds of taxes, will be 330 thousand 821 pounds. Vehicles of this value and below can be obtained without excise duty.
6.1 PER CENT RAISE TO CIVIL SERVANTS
- Hikes that will fall on the public are set at 9.11 percent, while the government will raise the salaries and pensions of civil servants and civil servants by 3 percent at the beginning of the year and by 3 percent in July by 6.1 percent in total. Millions of workers in the private sector will be left without a hike again next year due to the crisis and pandemic. The narrow-income sector will also start the new year with new burdens.